Suite 10, 212-220 Clayton Rd
Clayton VIC 3168
Tel: 03 9544 6448
Fax: 03 8610 2177
Private Hospital Accreditations
Jesse MacPherson, Clayton
MBBS (Hons) Master Clin Epi FRACP FRCPA
- Consultant Haematologist
Assoc Prof Tran completed his medical degree at Monash University and his dual fellowships in Clinical & Laboratory Haematology in Melbourne. He spent two years at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada before returning to Australia to complete his Master of Clinical Epidemiology and join the Haematology Consortium as a senior haematologist.
His focus is on clinical research in haematology with particular interests in thrombotic, bleeding and platelet disorders, and obstetrics haematology.
Assoc Prof Tran was previously the Head of Laboratory Haematology at Monash Medical Centre. He was recently appointed as Head of Haemostasis & Thrombosis Unit and Director of the Haemophilia Centre, at The Alfred Hospital, and elected as President of the ASTH. He has an interest in medical education and currently oversees the Written Examination, Haematology Section for the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
"Assoc Prof Tran's focus is on clinical research in haematology with particular interests in thrombotic, bleeding and platelet disorders, and obstetrics haematology. "
- Tran HAM, Anand SS. Oral Antiplatelet Therapy in Cerebrovascular Disease, Coronary Artery Disease, and Peripheral Arterial Disease, JAMA.
- Wells PS, Owen C, Doucette S, Fergusson D, Tran HAM. Does this Patient Have Deep Vein Thrombosis? JAMA. 2006 Jan 11;295(2):199-207
- Tran HAM, Anand SS, Eikelboom JW. Mechanism of Aspirin Resistance. Thrombosis Research 2007 120:337-346
- Tran HAM. Bleeding disorder – does this patient have an increased risk for bleeding? Common Sense Pathology.
- Tran HAM. McRae S. Ginsberg JS. Anticoagulant Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism. Cardiol Clin. 2008 May; 26(2):235-50, vi-vii
- Merriman E, Kaplan Z, Butler J, Malan E, Gan TE, Tran H. Rivaroxaban and False Positive Lupus Anticoagulant Testing. Thromb Haemost. 2011 Feb 1;105(2):385-6.
- Kitson M, Roberts S, Kemp D, Walsh M, McCarthy P, Street A, Tran H. The prevalence of significant liver fibrosis and cirrhosis in haemophilia patients infected with hepatitis C using FibroScan. Haemophilia. 2011 17(2):316-7.
- McLintock C, Young L, Brighton T, McRae S, Tran HAM, Chunilal S, Dekker G, Muller P, McDonnell N, Walters B. Recommendations for the prevention of pregnancy-associated venous thromboembolism. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2012 Feb;52(1):3-13. ePub 2011 September 23.
- McLintock C, Young L, Brighton T, McRae S, Tran HAM, Chunilal S, Dekker G, Muller P, McDonnell N, Walters B. Recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in pregnancy and the postpartum period.. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2012 Feb; 52(1):14-22. Epub 2011 October 06
- Australian Society of Thrombosis & Haemostasis – Current President