consults at: CLAYTON
Monash Specialist Centre
212-220 Clayton Road
Clayton VIC 3168
Tel: 03 9544 6448
Fax: 03 8610 2177
MBBS(Hons) FRACP FRCPA
- Consultant Haematologist
Anna Kalff is a consultant haematologist at The Alfred Hospital and Southern Health.
After graduating from Monash University, Anna completed her physicians training in internal medicine, clinical and laboratory haematology at The Alfred and Royal Melbourne Hospitals. She then undertook a clinical research fellowship at The Alfred, investigating novel anti-myeloma therapies and is currently enrolled in a PhD through Monash University. She is a member of the Australian Medical Scientific Advisory Group for Myeloma (MSAG) and her work has been published in peer review journals and presented at national and international meetings and has received awards from the International Myeloma Society (IMS), Myeloma Foundation of Australia (MFA) and Haematology Society of Australia and New Zealand (HSANZ). In her current position, Anna maintains a keen interest in both clinical and translational research activities as an investigator in a range of clinical trials in myeloma and lymphoma at The Alfred Hospital.
"Anna has a special interest in malignant haematology, including multiple myeloma and related disorders, lymphoma, leukaemia, myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative diseases. Anna is happy to be referred patients with malignant and non-malignant haematological disorders."
- Anna Kalff, Tiffany Khong, Meaghan Wall, Malgorzata Gorniak, Sridurga Mithraprabhu, Lynda J. Campbell, Andrew Spencer, A rare case Of IGH/MYC And IGH/BCL2 double hit primary plasma cell leukemia, Haematologica, 2015 Feb;100(2):e60-2. doi: 10.3324/haematol.2014.111385. Epub 2014 Nov 7.
- A Kalff and A Spencer, The t(4;14) translocation and FGFR3 overexpression in multiple myeloma: prognostic implications and current clinical strategies, Blood Cancer J., 2012 Sep; 2(9): e89. Published online 2012 Sep 7. doi: 10.1038/bcj.2012.37
- Anna Kalff, Nola Kennedy, Angela Smiley, Prof H Miles Prince, Prof Andrew W Roberts,Prof Kenneth Bradstock, Richard De Abreu Lourenço, Chris Frampton, Prof Andrew Spencer, Thalidomide and prednisolone versus prednisolone alone as consolidation therapy after autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: final analysis of the ALLG MM6 multicentre, open-label, randomised phase 3 study, The Lancet Haematology, Volume 1, No. 3, e112–e119, December 2014
- Quach H1, Kalff A, Spencer A., Lenalidomide in multiple myeloma: Current status and future potential., Am J Hematol,. 2012 Dec;87(12):1089-95. doi: 10.1002/ajh.23234. Epub 2012 May 28.
Professional Membership and Affiliations
- Medical Scientific Advisory Group Australia (MSAG) for Myeloma
- American Society of Hematology
- Haematology Society of Australia and New Zealand (HSANZ)
- Australasian Leukaemia and Lymphoma Group (ALLG)
- International Myeloma Society