212-220 Clayton Rd
Clayton VIC 3168
Tel: 03 9544 6448
Fax: 03 8610 2177
MBChB FRACP FRCPA
- Consultant Haematologist
Sanjeev Chunilal completed his undergraduate and postgraduate training in Medicine and Haematology in Auckland, New Zealand. Following this, he completed a clinical and research fellowship in venous thromboembolism at McMaster University, Ontario, Canada. Subsequently he has had consultant appointments at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Adelaide, South Australia and North Shore Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand.
Sanjeev recently relocated to Melbourne to the join the haematology department at Monash Medical Centre as a fulltime consultant haematologist.
His interests are in general haematology with a specific focus on thrombosis and haemostasis particularly during pregnancy.
He is member of the International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis , the Australasian Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis and a senior lecturer in Medicine at Monash University.
"Sanjeev's clinical interests are in general haematology with a specific focus on thrombosis and haemostasis particularly during pregnancy.
- McLintock C, Brighton T, Chunilal S, Dekker G, McDonnell N, McRae S, Muller P, Tran H, Walters BN, Young L. Recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in pregnancy and the postpartum period. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011 Oct 6
- McLintock C, Brighton T, Chunilal S, Dekker G, McDonnell N, McRae S, Muller P, Tran H, Walters BN, Young L. Recommendations for the prevention of pregnancy-associated venous thromboembolism. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011 Sep 23.
- Chan WS, Lee A, Spencer FA, Chunilal S, Crowther M, Wu W, Johnston M, Rodger M, Ginsberg JS. D-dimer testing in pregnant patients: towards determining the next 'level' in the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis. J Thromb Haemost. 2010 May;8(5):1004-11.
- Davis RL, May S, Chunilal S, Brennan SO. Two novel mutations at contiguous codons in the fibrinogen Bbeta chain associated with hypofibrinogenaemia.Thromb Haemost. 2009 May;101(5):980-2.
- Chunilal SD, Bates SM. Venous thromboembolism in pregnancy: diagnosis, management and prevention. Thromb Haemost. 2009 Mar;101(3):428-38.
- Chunilal SD, Eikelboom JW, Attia J, Miniati M, Panju AA, Simel DL, Ginsberg JS. Does this patient have pulmonary embolism? JAMA. 2003 Dec 3;290(21):2849-58. Review
- Chunilal SD, Ginsberg JS. Strategies for the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.. Thromb Res. 2000 Jan 1;97(1):V33-48. Review.