445 Grimshaw St
Bundoora VIC 3083
Tel: 03 9470 8300
Fax: 03 9470 8311
MBBS FRACP FRCPA
- Consultant Haematologist
Dr Teresa Leung is a general haematologist who has a broad range of experience in the fields of clinical and diagnostic haematology. She obtained her Bachelor of Medicine from the University of Melbourne, and undertook her haematology training in a number of tertiary institutions including Austin Hospital, (clinical and diagnostic laboratory haematology), as well as the Royal Melbourne Hospital (clinical haematology and bone marrow transplant service).
Dr Leung has been practicing at Northern Hospital, Epping since 2013. taking on a lead role in developing its rapidly growing malignant haematology and clinical trials service. She also works with the hospital’s pathology service, offering diagnostic haematology service to the local community. In addition, Dr Leung represents the hospital’s senior medical staff association and mentor medical students from University of Melbourne.
Dr Leung’s private rooms are located in Bundoora at Bundoora Specialist Health Centre. She is pleased to see referrals on both malignant and non-malignant blood disorders, as well as providing advice on abnormal haematological investigations.
Apart from English, Dr Leung also speaks fluent Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese.
Dr Leung’s private rooms are located in Bundoora at Bundoora Specialist Centre She is pleased to see referrals on both malignant and non malignant blood disorders, as well as providing advice on abnormal haematological investigations. She speaks fluent Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese.
Research / Publications
- Lukito, Leung et al; Active Treatment of Selected Elderly Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Improves Survival: Results from the establishment of acute leukaemia service at the Northern Hospital; Poster Publication at Haematology Australia Association Symposium; 2016
- Lim, Leung et al; Venous Thromboembolism in North East Melbourne; Poster publication at Royal Australasian College of Physicians Congress; 2014
- Gregory, Leung et al; Rituximab is associated with improved survival for aggressive B cell CNS Lymphoma; Neuro-Oncology; 2013
- Leung and Turner et al; Reversible bone marrow reticulin fibrosis as a side effect of Romiplostim therapy for the treatment of chronic refractory immune thrombocytopenia. Pathology Aug 2011; 43:520-22.
- Leung and Smith et al; Review in clinical appropriateness of Fresh Frozen Plasma transfusion in general and liver transplant patients within a tertiary hospital intensive care unit. (poster publication at Haematology Australia Association Symposium; 2009)