Suite 6, 30 Eleanor Street
Tel: 1300 4 BLOOD / 1300 425 663
Fax: 03 8080 6482
Private Hospital Accreditations
Western Private Hospital
MBBS FRACP FRCPA PhD
- Consultant Haematologist
Duncan Carradice is a Haematologist committed to providing personalized clinical care for patients with lymphoma (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma), myeloma and other blood disorders. He is dedicated to continuously improving care for patients residing in the West and North-West of metropolitan Melbourne.
Duncan is a consultant Haematologist at Western Health, where his achievements to date include:
- lead involvement in setting up a satellite Haematology and chemotherapy service (Sunbury Day Hospital)
- active involvement in a rapidly expanding clinical trials program
- establishing a Haematology tumour stream MDM (multi-disciplinary meeting)
- facilitating an advanced trainee position in Haematology at Western Health.
As a laboratory Haematologist, Duncan is able to utilise his expertise in the accurate diagnosis of all haematological disorders, routinely reviewing the blood films, bone marrow biopsies and lymph node biopsies of his patients.
He practices privately in Footscray, delivering clinical care and treatment through Western Private Hospital and private consulting rooms, in Eleanor Street.
Duncan is currently developing a rapid assessment service for patients with lymphadenopathy (or other symptoms suggestive of lymphoma) with same-day lymph node fine needle aspiration (FNA) to enable rapid and efficient triaging of patients for further investigation and treatment. He has an interest in eHealth, currently running a paperless practice and delivering correspondence rapidly via electronic messaging to over 80% of referring practitioners, in addition to successfully commencing TeleHealth consultations in early 2012.
Duncan trained in Haematology in Christchurch, NZ and at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, subsequently completing a PhD at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in molecular genetics.
His clinical interests are in lymphoma and myeloma. He is a member of the ALLG low grade lymphoma/CLL disease group.
"Duncan Carradice is a Haematologist committed to providing personalized clinical care for patients with lymphoma (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma), myeloma and other blood disorders."
- Pase L, Layton JE, Kloosterman WP, Carradice D, Waterhouse PM, Lieschke GJ miR-451 regulates zebrafish erythroid maturation in vivo via its target gata2. Blood 2009 Feb 19;113(8):1794-804. Epub 2008 Oct 10.
- Carradice D, Lieschke GJ Zebrafish in Haematology: Sushi or Science? Blood. 2008 Apr 1;111(7):3331-42. Epub 2008 Jan 8
- Carradice D Re: "Malaria in the Australian refugee population". Australian Family Physician 2007 Nov; 36(11):888
- Carradice D, Szer J Nocardia infection following bone marrow transplantation (letter). Internal Medicine Journal 2005 Nov;35(11):688
- Carradice D, Szer J Cerebral nocardiosis following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Internal Medicine Journal 2004 Dec;34(12):698-9
- Carradice D. Bilateral adrenal enlargement in Burkitt's lymphoma: Infiltration or hyperplasia? Internal Medicine Journal 2003 Jan-Feb;33 (1-2):52-3
- Carradice D, Austin N, Bayston K, Ganly PS. Successful treatment of promyelocytic Leukaemia during pregnancy. Clinical and Laboratory Haematology. 2002 Oct;24(5):307-11
- Carradice D, Gibbons SS. An unusual clinical course following deep venous thrombosis. Haematologica. 2002 Jul;87(7):EIM19
- Carradice D. Treatment of severe autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura (letter). Lancet. 2002 Jun 29;359(9325):2279; discussion 2279-80.
- Carradice D, Patton N, McArthur L, Baker B. Aberrent CD4 expression in a case of B-cell CLL. Clinical Cases in Flow Cytometry 2002 Mar;2(1) No. 5
- Carradice D, Alegesan K, Moppet I. An unusual case of 'gastro-oesophageal reflux' Anaesthesia. 2000 Nov;55(11):1134-6
- American Society of Hematology
- Australasian Leukaemia and Lymphoma Group
- Australasian Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- Haematology Society of Australia and New Zealand